Will Smith has led an inspirational life. He has achieved massive success and he has maintained his popularity for 25 years. In 2007, Newsweek called him the most powerful actor in Hollywood. Coming from a modest background in Philadelphia, he has amassed a small fortune of $290 million, which continues to grow exponentially.
We have compiled the top 16 Will Smith quotes from the man himself for you to enjoy.
1. I love living, its infectious. Its something that you can’t fake. I have a great time with my life and I want to share it.
2. Greatness is not an elusive feature that only the special among us will ever taste. Its something that truly exists in all of us. Its achieved by knowing what you believe, and be willing to die for it. I know who I am, what I believe, and that’s all I need to know. Others can go and do what they need to do. Its simple.
3. Where you are is not where you’re going to be. Where you are almost doesn’t matter. You are becoming something greater.
4. The separation of talent and skill is a misunderstood concept by many. Talent is given to you naturally, but skill is crafted by hours and hours of mastering your craft. Excel in having a ridiculous work ethic. When others are sleeping, be working. When others are eating, be working.
5. Dedicate yourself to getting better every single day. Progress is being alive
6. Don’t be afraid to die on the treadmill. Others may be stronger than me, or smarter than me, but no one will ever beat me. They will either get off first or I’m going to die on the treadmill.
7. When you’re building a wall, you don’t think that you’re going to build the biggest wall that’s ever been built. You say “I’m going to lay this brick, as perfectly as a brick can be layed”, and soon you will have a wall.
8. If you’re going to be here, there’s a necessity to make a difference. You have to make every group you come in contact with better.
9. I want to do good. I want the world to be better because I was here. I want my life to mean something. If you are not making someone else’s life better, you’re wasting your time. Your life will become better by making other lives better.
10. There’s a certain disillusion quality that all successful people have to have. You have to believe that something different will happen this time.
11. Being realistic is the most commonly traveled road to mediocrity. Why be realistic? Electricity and aircrafts were not realistic, but now they are in existence. Its so ridiculous to embrace the idea that something is not possible. As soon as you say it, it becomes real.
12. There’s a redemptive power that making a choice has. Rather than feeling that you are at an effect of all the things that are happening. Make a choice and decide what you’re going to be, how you’re going to be, and how you’re going to do it. From that point, the universe will move out of your way.
13. I realize that to have the level of success that I want to have, its difficult to spread out my attention. It takes such a desperate obsessive focus. You’ve got to focus with all of your fiber, and all of your heart, and all of your creativity.
14. I am motivated by fear. The fear of fear. I hate being scared to do something. What developed in my early days was that I started attacking things that I was scared of.
15. You can’t be scared to die for the truth. The truth is the only thing that’s going to be constant.
Thank you for checking out our Will Smith quotes page. For more quotes, check out our quotes section HERE.